ESPN3 (formerly ESPN360) is an online streaming service provided by the TV channel ESPN that delivers live streams and replays of sports events. Since 2008, ESPN3 is available to approximately 21 million people via computers.
ESPN3 features programs of live online sports:
- FIFA World Cup events and global qualifiers, Bundesliga, Premier League, and other major international football leagues, DFB-Pokal, high school football, NCAA college football, Canadian Football League, Allen Wranglersindoor football,
- Basketball: NCAA college basketball (both men’s and women’s), NBA and WNBA basketball, MLB and NCAA baseball,
- all four ”grand slam” tennis events, major golf championships, global cricket and rugby, AFL Australian rules football, Major League and NCAA Lacrosse (as well as the Toronto Rock of the National Lacrosse League, via TSN),
- in 2011 ESPN3 has been one of the few sources to broadcast live American Le Mans Series races.
Many of the games are simulcast from ESPN and ESPN2, while others are only stream for U.S. broadcasts such as various NCAA College Football games. As regards the CFL, games are sometimes broadcast on both ESPN3 and on NFL Network.
ESPN3 also features exclusive special features, such as additional coverage of non-TV courts at all four Tennis Grand Slams. In 2011 it was announced that ESPN3 acquired exclusive rights to the American Lemans series.
On November 1, 2010, ESPN3 was launched on Xbox Live. This service allows Xbox Live Gold members to access live sporting events on ESPN3, among other offerings, at no additional cost.
ESPN3 established several blocking systems for its service
- ESPN3 is only available to Internet providers who pay fees. Therefore ESPN has undergone criticism from some ISPs which claim that the users of those which don’t pay the fees, are blocked from accessing ESPN3.com.
- The website is only available to viewers in North America, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Middle East, New Zealand, and Europe (except Italy).
- Otherwise, the U.S. programs are not always available for foreigner users.
How to unblock ESPN3 outside US?
In order to acces to all the famous ESPN programs outside US, without any kind of restriction, you are obliged to appear as an American.
The Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a simple application which allows you to get a US IP. It enables you to choose a VPN server according to their country location. Once you have selected the requested the server, your connection established a secure tunnel between your computer and the server. You benefit from a new IP, in accordance of the server location.
To unblock the ESPN3 programs, choose a provider with US VPN servers.
How to use a VPN?
- Choose a VPN provider
- Download the application & sign in
- Connect to a server
- Freely access to ESPN3
Top 3 best VPN providers to unblock ESPN from abroad
Server locations: US + 41 countries
Server locations: US + 5 countries
Exclusive for START-vpn.com visitors
Server locations: US + 11 countries
Using a VPN guarantees the ability to access to all the famous geo-blocked websites. In the USA, there are plenty:
- TV channels: UK TV, or US channels as FOX, ABC, CBS, MTV…
- On demand services such as Hulu, Netflix or Pandora.
Moreover the VPN is also a safe way to browse the internet by giving you the ability to ensure your online privacy and anonymity.